Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Official KUAS Sockclub!

KUAS Summer Sockclub!
(June, July & August)

WHAT:I'm created a summer sockclub: "reading the classics."
(Fall's club: "watching the movies")
June's theme is "The Great Gatsby!"

WHEN: June, July & August 2008

MEMBERS? Up to 20. It's on first-come-first-serve basis each month unless you have a 3-month membership.
There will be a flickr group exclusively for members to post their pictures & comments & have the option of discussing the book if they so choose.

SIGN-UPS: for the June Sockclub runs from April 26th-May 20th. You can join through my Etsy shop, just look for the "Gatsby" book-cover item.
If you see that I ran out, just email me...and I'll add another one for you.

(Amazing) PRICE: I'm making it pretty cheap to suit everyone's interests: $22, that includes:
(1) skein of superwash sockyarn in the theme colors of a chosen book for that month
(Approx. 430 yards dyed with love, using Jacquard dyes)(75%merino/25%nylon)
(1) exclusive matching set of 6 fancy-schmancy stitchmarkers
(1) Optional freebie treat (baked cookies or candies) included. However, I know how everyone is iffy about trusting over the 21st century, so if you don't want the treat, that's fine. Just let me know if you want it added though (I make great cookies). Yum-o.
Maybe: [(1) sockclub pin!!]-I'm working on trying to find the materials for this.

YOU: if you are interested, please email me (knittingupastorm@gmail.com) or officially reserve your spot early at my Etsy shop. I'll need to know how much yarn to order & dye up. Please also tell me if you want the optional edible goodie.
PACKAGE: Your package will arrive at your door the beginning of the month you belong to. Club months are sold seperately, or in 3-month memberships.)

KUAS=Knitting up a storm

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

Awesome idea! My summer is pretty shifty, but I may be able to join in for August.