Hey ho! My Bloomsbury Sweater is finished!
I started this pattern back in September of 2019, took it with me to England the next month (with the hopes of knitting it in Bloomsbury) and have been working on and off for another year!
The V-shaped neckline with the lace sleeves is so flattering. I would totally create another pattern that has a similar look.
The beginning of the lace yoke section was quite tricky to get going with the increases due to how the designer wrote up the instructions with the lace charts. I ended up creating a chart photo in my Ravelry notes to keep track of everything.
I tried out Caron's Pantone Bamboo yarn in the color "Indigo" when they first released it. I have have mixed feelings because although it is soft, it splits and I am sure it will pill quite a bit.
This project took me about 4.5 skeins of yarn for a size large in US 6 needles.
I can't resist a heathered yarn though.
The first set of sleeves took me the longest. For some reason it took AGES! The second sleeve really only took less than a week, so I don't know what my deal was. I was dealing more with chronic neck and shoulder pain this past year that has stopped me from knitting more than 20 minutes at a time, so that was probably it.
I was so excited when I tried it on for the first time and it fit perfectly.
This is literally fresh off the needles, so I haven't even blocked it out yet. I expect the sleeves and sweater length to grow a bit.