Thursday, February 06, 2014

Designing in the works

The past week, I've been playing around with an idea for a Hi Low sweater. I've tackled the main design, and started looking up short row shaping for a hi low back, and even have been looking in to bust darts to give this sweater extra shaping.

However, I casted on too much for the sleeves, and now I have to frog the project and start fresh. It's always a hard thing to do when working that far with sport weight yarn. I was up to around 230 stitches at that point where I left off, so I'm glad that next time should go a little faster.
The yoke will have a lacy panel, and will stop at the bust, and the sleeves will continue the pattern all the way down.
Unfortunately, my camera could not capture the beauty of the colorway;  it's almost a teal color. I'm using Berocco's Ultra Alpaca Light yarn that I have been saving for some years.
Sam photo-bombed the shoot at the end. Milk mustache and all. :)

No comments: