Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back from the dead

JOE & FAMILY MEMBERS: DON'T READ THIS POST!!

I'm finally in the land of the living. Mere hours after I got back from Iowa, I spend the rest of the night with a bad 'bout of the stomach flu. I had to skip 3 days of work, while still spending the rest of the week healing & getting rid of the pesky stomach ache.

However, I'm back and ready to get my life back in order. I've finished my November knitting club, "Sex in the City," and already have the project planned for the final installement of my "watching the movies" knitting club, "a Christmas Carol." The project really inspired my movie choice (which was recommended, anyways), and I reckon that any person-religiously diverse or no-would enjoy the pattern and yarn colorway just the same.


It's time to work on those Christmas WIPs now! Here's my list:
Grandpa: Bear's pillow
Uncles: Scarves
Mom: earthy colored clogs
MIL: clogs?
Joe: ribbed Hawkeye socks

I have this slouchy two-color hat idea brewing in my head, but I can't knit it up, because I really need to get cracking on these projects first! Whaa!

I checked my 2008 reading list and I have only 23 books finished. I read 27 books last year. I need to finish at least 4 books, or I let myself down (my goal is to equal or at least beat the previous year by one book). I'm on books 24 & 25 right now. I really didn't feel like I was slugging around though.

Sorry about the lack of pictures. I've gotta make sure my recipients don't look at my blog until after the holidays, first!

2 comments:

Diane said...

You are so ambitious with your Christmas knitting list. I think you must knit much faster than I do, for sure! I LOVE your web site and the picture slide is so cool. I'm adding you to my knitting blog (which is still pretty new) list of Favorite Blogs.

CassieMarie said...

Yay, Christmas Knitting!
I'm working on some of mine too, but I don't trust my family not to read my blog- heheh
I can't wait to see the finished projects!