Friday, October 31, 2008

On Hallow's Eve

Yesterday, I casted on for a tunic that has been floating around in my head for over a year. I've seen a lot of knitwear around in the stores lately, and caught on to one of their stylish ideas on collars that I decided that would look great on this knit.
I've completed the waist shaping, and I am now venturing into the chest shaping (which is really just simple increases until I'm satisfied with the width). The piece is also a few inches away from the arm shaping...which will be interesting, considering that I'm really going to "wing" the whole decreasing for the collar simultaneously.
The tunic will have a purled-side look, compete with pockets and a wide buttoned collar.
Today is Halloween, and I dressed up (to scare the crud of the kiddies) as a "corpse bride."
Can you believe that I made the entire costume from scratch? Yeah, that means my hacking away at the sewing machine. It actually fit, which was pretty neat...and I kept telling myself that it doesn't need to be a pretty sew job. It was just going to be shredded anyways at the bottom. I made two layers, one that was velvety (gosh, someone should have warned me that the edges of that material will not lay flat! Holy moley!), also shredded on the bottom, and the satiny skirt, tied by the blue ribbon that actually matched the blue ribbon on my satin flowers. Neat, huh?Sir William Bones and I are now happily married. We'll send you more lovely photos when we get back from our graveyard honeymoon. *OWWWW--OOOOOO!!!! OW OW OW-OOOOO!!!*

3 comments:

KnittingHawkeye said...

lmfao that's hilarious! I spent my halloween watching a movie with Steve and Jen. It was actually pleasant. And had to dodge trick or treaters while driving. At least i got my Faiye socks done.

Unknown said...

You look great! Very corpsey:) I love Halloween!

Alyssa said...

Awesome costume! And you changed the look of the blog again, I like this one too!