Thursday, September 17, 2020

FO: Great Falls National Park Socks

 Good morning!

I've been on a hiking kick for a couple of years now, so I was excited to get my hands on a couple of skeins from KnitWit's National Parks yarn collection. I got a skein of her Bryce Canyon yarn, as well as the Great Falls yarn, which is featured today.

I casted on this puppy at a week-long family reunion in beautiful Geneva, IL. There's rolling farmland hills that is so picturesque. We had such a great time kayaking, shopping, horseback riding, hanging with family and just "being," without being connected to the internet. I got so much knitting done on two pairs of socks and Dockhouse Sweater.

There was a stray cat that lives at the cabin, and he made a lovely companion for knitting outside.
Wine and knitting while watching sunsets...
I did a toe-up version of vanilla socks with short row heels.
This was my first time horseback riding. My horse had a mind of his own and got me in trouble with the lady that was instructing us.
My knitting matched my scenery at times.

Now this photo below was taken at our former house. This was the last time I spent quality time knitting in that backyard last summer before the weather turned really cold in October.

Materials & Information
Project: Toe-Up Vanilla Socks with Short Row Heels
Judy's Cast on with 14 sts, 32 st short row heels, and Jeny's Stretchy Bind-Off.
Leg increases to 82 sts.

US 0 - 2.0 mm
US 1 - 2.25 mm
 
1 skein = 420.0 yards (384.0 meters), 113 grams
Great Falls National Park
And today: voila! Finished! My only criticism is that the pairs of socks do not match the color intensity. The first sock is much darker, and the second is a lot lighter until toward the top of the sock leg. It's not a big deal, but I'm one that prefers near identical socks.
What next? I'm about to cast off on a hat that I'm designing. :)

No comments: