Saturday, September 19, 2020

FO: The Adventurer Hat

Happy Saturday, friends.

Here's the first version of my "Adventurer Hat," which will be KUAS Design's newest pattern release this fall.

What makes this an Adventurer hat, you ask? Well, it was designed with a super thick folded brim that is secured to the main body of the hat. I'm certain this will keep your ears snug and warm during the coldest of winters
 
Was your first thought that you dislike sewing? (I do.) Well, there's no sewing involved! The cast-on edge is knit together with the body of the hat. I have a special hack that makes this process easy. You can find this on my "Knitting Up A Storm, the blog" Facebook group. (If you haven't already joined, I welcome you to. Straightaway after releasing a pattern, I choose a person at random to win the newly published pattern for free. I also run exclusive promos and giveaways too.)
To give the brim a bit of a twist on the traditional 1x1 ribbing, I literally have the pattern work up a twisted rib. It's takes a few moments longer, but it looks so clean and tidy.

The hat will come in about three sizes, and will give you some choices: slouchy, fitted, traditional ribbing, no purled line at the edge of the brim, pom-pom, etc. 

Project Info

Size: M

US 6 - 4.0 mm
US 7 - 4.5 mm
 
198 yds/93 grams
natural Mix
 
Hobby Lobby Pom-Pom 

I am always one for simple textures.

Now on to knit another version in Madelinetosh's Daffodil colorway for fall!

No comments: