Wednesday, January 14, 2009

From the knitter's journal: "Cropped Sweater" v.1

There's something about a bulky quick-knit project that makes you toss your previous WIP aside for a little while. (Sometimes tossed indefinitely aside....but hey, let's stay a little optimistic; it's tossed aside until the new project is finished.)

It's a new year, that means its time a be a little bit more organized, no? Let's face it, if you really knew me, you would know that I have the rough draft of my patterns on little sticky notes, scratch paper, journals...really anywhere and everywhere. Most of the time, some of the patterns that never make it to this blog get lost. Thrown away. Recycled, sometimes. I think it's long overdo that I officially write in my notes, patterns, charts and such onto an official pattern journal book-for Pete's sake-if it doesn't make it quickly into the computer.
Voila: charts, notes, yarn sample and such.
Hopefully it won't end up like my old diaries. You know, a few long and heart-felt pages filled out and then....wham! A sea of blank pages. I am in the process of designing my own cropped sweater that should have a shape relative to the cropped sweater above. The yarn will be bulkier, the cables will be different, and the color rather brownish with some blue specks. I will use a 2x2 ribbing for the base and sleeves. I'm still undecided about the collar.
Ever since Twilight, I've been racing through all of Meyer's Twilight series. Since I work at the library, I know how the "hold" system work...and how fast the books usually come in...so I planned putting two books at a time on hold while reading the previous book. I read Twilight & New Moon, and I am half way through Eclipse. Thanks to my system, I won't be deprive after I'm done with this book because Breaking Dawn is safely harbored among my other library books "booty." I loved the first book, but I'll save my various criticisms for another post. My officially theme colors for my wedding. Notice the color of the felt on top. And my mom wonders why I could never "specify" the true color of the green that I had in mind for one of my theme colors. What would you say? "Light minty sea-green?" The picture is awful, and the green is a tad sea-greener and brighter, and the brown's darker, but hey, that's artificial light for you. I'm making a large felt blanket of squares out of this wonderful color combination. I do realize that I have a unique vision for my wedding reception decorations. But I'm not faltering in my green choice though. It's my favorite color.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

I think it will be pretty. Good luck planning the wedding!

Stephanie M. Handy said...

That's a gorgeous color!

Haha...for my wedding I had a very specific dark maroon deep wine blackish but still pretty red color in mind for the dresses and decorations. But then didn't feel like putting in the effort when I realized how impossible it was to find things (including dresses I would be willing to make my bridesmaids wear) in that color. Ended up switching to light blues after finding some perfect dresses. But I was also juggling 2 jobs, a thesis project and being a full-time student, so I didn't really have the patience. LOL.

Look forward to the last book. So hilarious.

Rachel said...

Love the wedding colors, and I can't wait to see how your sweater turns out!

CassieMarie said...

Is that yarn Moda Dea Tweedle dee? If not, it looks just like it! :)

Anonymous said...

My friend calls this colour-combo "coceau de nil" (Cocoa with Eau e Nil) I think tht makes it sound like a yummy icecream flavour!!