Saturday, February 09, 2008

A little twist of decor

So I've been spinning a little bit the past couple of nights because I've gotten back into the mood. The other night had been dedicated to my teal & silver blend, while this night has been focused on my new design idea bubbling in my head (instead of studying...). It's funny how creativity is switched on when things need to get done, academically speaking.
However, here is a snipit of the first color. I won't need a lot, so I'll probably be only spinning a little more of this color, with equal proportion to the silver. Teal will be the main color, and I'll need a lot more than this when the time comes. I thought at first that maybe I should order the yarn for this project, but I immediately dropped the notion when I realized that this project deserves rough yarn...and these rovings are just the fibers for the job. Plus, I have the perfect colors, and who knows if I'll find that deep teal & soft seagreen shade. If you don't know it already, seagreen is my ultime favorite color, with teal gaining up on the lead. My eyes are attracted like flies to garbage to these colors, whenever I pass by them. No joke.
I won't tell you right now what it will be, but I'll tell you that the three colors are here, above, and will be felted into something of sweet decor for my future wooden coffee table. By jove, I better get a wooden coffee table, because I have so many decoration ideas for it.
I'll keep you updated when I spin some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors! I can't wait to see what you are going to make with it :)

-Joe

CassieMarie said...

Lovely Yarn!
Are you becoming a spinning convert?
I hope all is going well, and I hope your mother is doing well ( I know she goes to NIU as well.)
--Cassie