Monday, August 24, 2020

FO: The Dockhouse Sweater

Guys, this raglan is one of my absolute favorite FO's ever. Period.

It is warm, squishy and has an appealing diamond texture in a captivating heathered green colorway. The V-shaped collar has faux buttonholes, and you can't go wrong with a long-sleeved raglan construction. Plus, let's talk about green clothing...you can sport it for so many occasions, espeically St. Patty's day, Halloween AND Christmas! 

(If I were Emeril Lagasse, I'd say "BAM!")

 
Materials & Notes
 
US 2 - 2.75 mm
US 3 - 3.25 mm
US 5 - 3.75 mm
 
US 5: 23 stitches and 34 rows = 4'' in the Diamond texture
 
Yarn
9 skeins = 1296.0 yards (1185.1 meters), 450 grams
4275 Pea Soup Mix, dye lot 701 
 
Notes:
Sport weight yarn, 216 sts

Total active days knitting it: 44
      Sleeves: 3-ish days each sleeve---plan on a week for a pair of sleeves
      Front or back sides, after armpit BO’s : 2-3 days each
      Bottom ribbing: 1-2 days
      Collar 1-2 days
      An average of 8-12 rds of 216 sts per day.

457g of yarn (1 lb 1oz) of yarn.


This was another project that I chipped away last August while at a family reunion near Galena, Il. Here's a little journey into my WIP stages:
That feeling, when you finally try it on and it fits perfectly!
 
I had to re-knit one of the sleeves due to an error on my part, so after I knit what was three sleeves, it was so satisfying throwing it in the wash.

Aw. The photo above was taken in what was my newly renovated bathroom at our last house, several months before moving. I miss those counters and mirrors...

As soon as it gets chilly this will be coming back on me!

No comments: