Sunday, January 13, 2019

FO: Sam's Christmas Flax Sweater


This is a little, erm, after the fact.

Sam's Christmas Flax sweater was completed two weeks before Christmas Eve, but between the hustle and bustle of the time of year, plus the fact that these photos were stored on the internal memory of my camera (and for some reason the camera didn't want to appear on my computer while plugged in)...I am finally showing these now!
Yarn: I Love This Yarn! (aran weight) in "Aubergine" and "Marled Forest"
Needles: US 6 and US 8
Started: October 1st, 2018      Completed: December 12, 2018
(Above ^^) This is always my favorite point of the sweater. Rounds are short, and you can see the thing swiftly take shape.

The area about two or so inches down from the point where you separate for the sleeves is another favorite (less stitches! Things are really coming together now!) of mine.  

This project was brought everywhere--boys' piano lessons, while in the car before helping at a school Halloween party, watching a show, etc. 
Unfortunately, I did not get to Jake's maroon (MC) and heathered blueish black (CC) version. I will save that for next fall, I guess. Jake didn't seem to mind, since Sam was the one who requested this sweater in the first place. (Oh, and it had to be "non-scratchy yarn" too.) I told the boys that they could share this version until they each had their own.
I made it large enough to fit next year too. The sleeves are long, the sweater is long enough, but I hope that the body circumference is large enough for his growing body! But hey, it stretches, it will be good!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season! Happy New Year!

No comments: