Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Song Writing




I was inspired yesterday to compose "Gypsy Fair" for the Early Elementary Level pianist. It's in C minor. (I love minors, weird me.) Today, while the boys were napping and it was snowing-storming like no one's business, I also composed "Hop Frog Pond!" (for the Intermediate Level pianist). Everyone at the house really loved the first one, so I imagine "Hop Frog Pond" will be hard to compete for affection, but I think it's an official start to writing my own Children's Piano Literature Book for beginners. Or, at least I have two cute ones. Let me know what you think. Oh, and if you are wondering why I am being more random than usual on my knitting blog with this video...I'm a mother by day and piano teacher by evening. This could be a start of something big (or at least something cool) if I keep at it. :)

P.S- it's all computerized instrumental voicing. Nothing live, or fancy...I literally just finished writing it! Double :)

1 comment:

Taci simmons said...

Wow that is exciting ! Keep our fingers crossed. Good luck!