Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Years Contest

I want to wish everyone another great New Year. 2009 has been a significant year for me, I got married, my hubby graduated with a Biomedical Engineering degree (which means that we aren't separated through states anymore, like we were for a year), he found himself a great job with even more potential, we are living happily in my first apartment, we celebrated our first Christmas, I'm applying at my job to try to move upward...but It did have its downs: my grandfather's illness and eventual death, Joe's two grandfathers getting cancer (one terminal), my aunt's constant illnesses, etc.

I've always known how sad my newly windowed grandmother is lately (my grandfather died the week before my wedding), but after spending Christmas Eve with her and my family, I've been more motivated to set important resolutions for 2010:


1. To pick up my grandma once a week to go grocery shopping (she doesn't drive! And now she's all alone!...and she has to order her food) so that she feels loved and can also get out of the house. This also takes care of the fact that I've been really bad about not visiting...

2. To spend more time on charity work (no matter how small it seems).

3. To get back in shape (My muscles are not liking how out of shape I am)

4. To try to move up in the library-world, or if I can't, to spend more time educating myself on various subjects because my brain feels like a blob not doing anything stimulating (besides knitting).

5. To continue to work on a good marriage, to not let anything change our relationship during the first year of our marriage (even though it's still a struggle to work out that whole "toilet seat" thing. ha ha.).

6. To work on my hibernating projects. I have some good projects that have been treated unjustly. You can't even imagine how many are in that pile...


NEW YEARS CONTEST:

What to win: a knitter's goodie bag (including a skein of KUAS yarn and a pattern)!

How to play: Tell me your most important resolution, and why it will effect your life in a good way. You must supply me with an email address (you can send me it via email if you don't want it seen: knittingupastormATgmailDOTcom). After the contest closes, I will randomly pick a name out of the hat.

How to bump up your odds: tell your friends about this contest, or write about this contest on your blog (give me the link) and have them refer you (your name must be stated). Feel free to copy & paste the rules. For every reference and/or posting to your blog, you get another name in the hat.


CONTEST CLOSES 1/2/10 at MIDNIGHT!!! Check out my blog soon after to see the winner announced! See ya'll next year! In the meantime, check out my last post...I'm kind of stepping on it right now.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This year, I want to break out of my shell and start meeting new people. I feel the need to go out more and spend time with friends, especially knowing we all won't be here forever and I probably won't be seeing many of them in the years to come because I am finally going to college. I want to keep the friends I have now and become more social with others at the same time. Friends mean a lot to me and I hope to have more at the end of next year. Happy [early] New Year!

cloudbruja06@yahoo.com

Dragonquillca said...

Resolutions? Well, like you, get some of my languishing projects out and actually finish some of them. We all need new socks, but some of them are in that 'ignored' pile. Which kind of flows into one of my other resolutions: knit more. Ever since I've found Second Life, my knitting has taken a back seat, which means my charity knitting has too. Not fair to the local homeless!

Good luck with your resolutions; most especially driving your Grandmother to get groceries and that ever-present toilet seat issue.

Megan said...

My goal for 2010 is to exercise 130 times. I want to lose weight and get back in shape, and I think having a measurable goal will help me do that.

Happy New Year!

Beth said...

I want to make plans for my long term future. I have spent many years just surviving, it is time to find out what I want to do when I am done raising kids.

Bobbi said...

Hi, beautiful! I have several fibery resolutions this year, but the one resolution that's most important is to lose weight. I've been rather sedentary lately and I don't much like myself for how I look these days. The not liking myself leads to more problems with depression and more desire for alcohol. I think that by getting rid of the squishy stuff on my stomach, thighs, and backside I will be a much more pleasant person to be around and, hopefully, need less medication.

Marissa said...

My goal is to knit a large challenging lace project. I haven't decided what it will be, but this us the year!!

Rosie said...

My resolution is to become a better person. I resolve to push myself has far and hard as I can, whether it be in fitness or in my business!

KnittySue said...

My New Year resolution is to fight hard to find a job, continue to help my sisters and mom so I feel useful and make my family's life happier.

KnittySue said...

OH and my e-mail is sewingsue@comcast.net
Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

ladybug said...

my resolution for this year is to finally move on to doing some very important steps in my life that have been frightening me up to now.... my boyfriend and decided to get married next winter and we also want to have a baby : )

ikkinlala said...

I don't usually make resolutions, but I have a few this year. The most important one is to learn how to drive - something I've been putting off for quite a while, but something that will give me more choices about jobs and places to live.

ikkinlala AT yahoo DOT ca

Unknown said...

My resolution this year is to organize my life more. It seems that more and more things are turning into shambles because I'm not working hard enough on them and I want to fix what I can (relationships, projects that have been ignored, my living space, etc). It's important for my to clear my head more with the coming of 2010 to be healthier, mentally, too. I think I'll try things like yoga and meditation.

-Rebecca (I sent you an email with my email address)

Marie said...

Almost all of your resolutions rang true with me ( get in shape, finish projects etc.) but the one thing that I have said I am going to do this year is keep in touch with friends. I am terrible when it comes to that and I have resolved to do better. This I know will make me more amiable with my family. I tend to isolate myself and then take it out on those around me.
Good luck to all with their resolutions and have a happy new year!

Knitting Up A Storm said...

OK GANG. THE CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED. THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED. THEY ARE ALL REALLY GREAT AND THOUGHTFUL RESOLUTIONS. I WILL PICK A NAME OUT OF A HAT SATURDAY AFTERNOON. STAY TUNED FOR THE WINNER'S NAME BEING ANNOUNCED ON THE NEXT POST. :)