Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's all relative (but there's pictures!)

I realize my lengthy absence from this blog. I'd like to say that I was so busy having fun (and possibly knitting up a storm), yet the truth is that I was away starting my new job as a library shelver (I have been now trained to shelf adult fiction, nonfiction, AV, children's fiction, nonfiction, easy readers, magazines, drop-boxes and even now the conveyor belt) and also spending the last two weeks being connected to Joe's hip while he was in for his brief break before he spends another half a year in Iowa finishing up his degree. He's gone, though. I will survive (I doubt that I'll have to play that song at all), and I am back in the knitting business. And there will be pictures!

I want to thank those who cared to wish my grandfather "get better." He underwent major heart surgery, a valve replacement and preventative measures that his heart didn't literally "burst" (coronary). He was out for 3 days, and we were saddened to learn that he is not recovering as he should be. He will be transferred to a semi-acute care, instead of just rehab...and my grandmother-who is totally relying on him...she never learned to drive-is being shuffled around from family living quarters, and will have an eye surgery Thursday.

My other grandfather had bad blood clots in his leg after a tumble that wasn't looked after, and has to take mucha medicine for 6 months (and has had shots everyday in his stomach for 1-2 weeks).

As for me, I realize now that me and chlorine does not mix. After my third ear infection...I'd rather just buy swimming ear-plugs. Plus, I'm slowly (very slowly!) trying to get over the sensitivity from my cavities being fixed.

But let's cut the rambling updates. Here's some pictures!
I gave in, and went to Stitches Midwest with Joe on Saturday...and now my bank account hates me!
You're looking at two sets of Berroco's Light Ultra Alpaca yarn in heather green and skyish blue, that will turn into cardigans (the green, hopefully the "Infinity" Cardigan I was designing last Fall), 4 skeins of Happy Feet novelty yarn (will be a shrug), Noro sock yarn, Blue Moon Kid Mohair, STR in "Fairgrounds," buttons and a knitting mystery book signed graciously by the author himself.
Here's the promised pictures from me and my lovaaaa's vacation at Kalahari:
It was actually pretty cool out during our vacation at the Dells. It was around 60 degrees, I think. We spent most of the time in the indoor waterpark. Our last day was spent at the Tommy Bartlett show ("the greatest show" OFF water). Ha ha ha.
Ha ha ha...get this one: This was our "beach front" view. Right! Actually, it was really nice to see some trees instead. Joe and I were reading and drinking coffee (and later booze)to some birdies chirping along.

A bit of knitting being done.
I'm trudging through this 660 page book. It's really awesome though! I can't wait to finish it.
My handsome guy. We are so meant for each other...we love the quiet life, reading and such together. I'm so lucky to have him in my life...and I already miss him. Darn you school.
Cheers.
See an update on this shawl in the post above.

2 comments:

Ilix said...

Sorry to hear that your grandfather sare not as tip top as hoped... good vibes for them!

Looks like you have been busy! Can't wait to see the new knitting projects... I have got to get me some of that Alpalca!! :D

Rachel said...

So sorry to hear about the illnesses in your family. I hope everyone starts getting better soon, and your ear infection goes away. Those are SUCH a bother!

Glad you had a nice time at Stitches. Every year I hope to go, but so far I haven't made it. Maybe someday!