Monday, September 03, 2007

A tingle of anticipation for Fall

There is no doubt that Fall is my favorite season.

I love the way that the air turns crisp. After a hot season of Summer, your skin gets a tingle of chill underneath your bones, and you just want to cuddle up...whether underneath your fleece blanket, or with your partner. You finally can wrap that warm knitted scarf around your neck.

I love the way that the air smells of burning wood. The instant that smell reaches my nose, I think of the old-fashioned Halloween "trick-or-treating" at night, or memories of camping...and roasting marshmallows over a campfire.

I love the way that in Fall, the leaves turn gold, maroon, and many other shades of colors...and drop to the ground, for you to trample through, or fall in.

I love the way that in Fall, you can finally cozy up on the couch with a good book, and sip on hot chocolate by the fire.

Finally, I love that in Fall, you can pick apples and pumpkins in an orchard or farm, drink steamy hot apple cider with fingerless gloves, take long hay rides, and stumble through corn mazes, or eat apple turnovers and pumkin spice icecream...

Therefore, I dedicate the premier of my Fall knitting this year to the "Cabin Shawl." That way, I can wrap myself up in the natural glory of Fall itself, the colorful spectrum of leaves, and cozy up with that good novel on a comfy couch and finally wear my warm woolen socks that I knit in the summer.

I love how it's all nubbly on the backside. It's all the little things that make life great.

2 comments:

KnittingHawkeye said...

Impressive, most impressive. But you're not a Jedi yet.
I'll bring your pize over tonight if I can.

Sarah said...

This looks great Anna! Wow, that colorway is fabulous:) Hmm... might have to buy some of this at some point or some other color...