Sunday, December 02, 2007

Don't forget to cover your cheeks too, kids!

Oh the weather outside is frightful...
Burrr! It's a little frigid out there, don't you think? We had another one of those ice storms in our city...and you can't help but bundle up from head to toe while walking outside.

...Jack Frost nipping at your nose.

But, that's the beauty of winter. It makes for great photography and excuse to get a piping hot cup of hot cocoa!

The holiday season is approaching steadfast. Almost a little too quickly. I still have no idea how I'm going to finish all of my holiday gifts by Christmas.

I plan to knit Joe's gift for his birthday in Early January, instead of Christmas...and I might have to give his mother her gift a few days late too. I'm not too worried, it will all work out. I have to prioritize my academics, and finish up my sockclub sock first that's due in a couple of days. I had to pull a "Code Frog" last night. I think this new design is much better for the yarn I'm working with.

Fun Fact: did you know that most nuts aren't actually nuts? They are fruit. And tomatoes are indeed fruit...they fall under the "berry" category.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

3 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Code Frog. Har. You crack me up!

Stay warm!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

really? nuts are fruit?

beautiful pictures! Hope you stayed warm!

Alyssa said...

I didn't know nuts were fruit that's pretty cool. I love the fireplace though. What I nice cozy spot to sit and knit.