Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Cowl-to-be

I casted on for a cowled raglan in a slightly mohair-like yarn in a lovely shade of lavender. Would I have been stoked that the LYS had a shade of sea-green? Yes. But I'm cool with this color. Purple used to be my favorite color. I'm not the least bit kidding. My whole entire room used to be purple (okay, maybe 10 years ago)...even my walls. I can be nostalgic with this sweater.
The point of this raglan is to be a bit see-through so that I can wear a tanktop under it that will show. The idea is a little bit from Stitch 'N Bitch and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I rather it be from the latter, because that show is ridiculously awesome, and I finished the entire 7 series now, and need a little something to keep me going. I'm using my own lovely sea-green vintage stitch markers for this project. They pair so well together!
I recreated (again) the whole look of this blog. I hope you all love it. The last one (a vintage look with pink, red and seagreen) was cool, but a little "all over the place." The theme colors make more sense now, and rocks out! Knowing me though, I'll probably change it in a month. I'm just that sort of person. But hey, I haven't rearranged my room in months! That has to be worth something, right? Ha ha.

It's been a bit lonely over here the last couple of weeks. If your in the house, scribble a little hello note if you have the time. Thanks! :) I'm off to go exercise now. I know. They will be welcoming me back with a party, I've missed so many weeks now.

10 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Very pretty, I like the new look!

Bobbi said...

The sweater's looking great so far - purple is still my favorite! Will you be sharing the pattern?

Sarah said...

Hey Anna! It's been quiet over on my blog too... I blame summer!

Your sweater looks great! I used to like purple too, but have recently switched to blues and greens.

By the way, have you watched Firefly? I resisted this show for years because I thought it sounded stupid, and the 20 minutes I kept watching over and over in an attempt to get into the series bored me to tears... I have now watched all episodes and the movie, and I am quite sad it's over... You could supplement your Buffy void with alternative Joss Whedon:)

Megan said...

Love the new blog design!

scarletprincess said...

Your blog do-over is beautiful! Shame I can't find your pattern I was following! Ah well ;o)
The sweater looks so pretty too, I am too a purple person!

Erica said...

I like the look of the new blog background :) Is this the raglan you were talking about earlier this summer just in a new color? Can't wait to see it!

Chrissy said...

It's turning out so pretty! I love the shade of purple, and one of my favorite looks is the sweater-tank top look.

I can't wait to see it on!

Anonymous said...

I heart the new look, you are so creative! I'm already jealous of the purple cowl.
Sarah's right - even if you're not a sci-fi person - Firefly is one of Whedon's best.

Ilix said...

The new look is great! Hey, why not change it up! As long as it intrests you it's supposed to reflect you right!

Can't wait to see how the sweater works out. I love the colour!

Alyssa said...

I like the new look and the sweater you're working on. I think the lilac is gorgeous!