Wednesday, September 10, 2008

the dress.

Last night was the most impulsive thing I've ever done in my life. I've never jumped out of an airplane or bungee-jumped. The most I've experimented with my hair is dyeing it light strawberry-blonde and cutting it chin-short. Years apart from eachother, even. I would never even think to get engaged and have a wedding 6 weeks later, like some people. That's just crazy. However, I finally have done one great impulsive thing in my life, and that is walking into the first bridal store I've been into for myself with just one hour before closing and buying the first wedding dress I've ever tried on.

It was hasty. I know. Ridiculous, even. I'm surprized my mother didn't talk me out of it when she was with me last night. But the reality is that it was exactly the dress I've been envisioning, and it was the last dress left in my size, while also being discontinued and on a huge sale! The dress was so perfect for me that it fit like a glove, and the only alteration it needs is to shorten the hem. I had 10 minutes left til closing and the shop is a bit far. I had made my decision. I would buy that dress. I may regret being so hasty and not have the full "experience" with dress-shopping. Maybe I'll live vicariously through the show "Say 'Yes' to the Dress." But looking at this dress, there is no way in the world that I'll have that achy feeling in the pit of my stomach, thinking that I picked a dress too plain. There's no way. This dress makes a statement. It has pizaazz. And I know that Joe will love it as much as I do.

7 comments:

Marissa said...

Are you kidding me??? When the Wedding Gods smile down on you, and hand you The Dress on the first try, you smile, take it, and consider yourself blessed!!
It's perfectly beautiful, and you will look radiant in it!!!
Congratulations!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I admit that I bought, not the first dress I tried on, but the third. :)

Bobbi said...

Your dress is beautiful! Just think of the stress you've saved yourself. You'll be gorgeous.

Kate said...

That dress is amazing! No wonder you bought the first one you tried on.

Awesome Mom said...

It is beautiful!!!! It did not take me too long (3 or 4 dresses I think) to find mine.

Rachel said...

What a beautiful dress! It reminds me of the meringue on top of a yummy pie.

Don't feel at all bad for getting that dress. I went THE DAY AFTER I was engaged to look at dresses, just to see what it might cost my dad, and I ended up buying one. I loved it, and have never regretted it!

Anonymous said...

Wow great choice someone is looking down on you. And we all know you will look fab in it.