Friday, April 06, 2007

Interweave Knits & Kiltie CO

I went to Barnes & Nobles today, and this is what I picked up:


Interweave Knits, Spring 2007 & Bruce Feiler's Where God Was Born. I flipped through a lot of the pages, and it looks really interesting. Interweave has a lot of really neat patterns this season. A few are posted below. My random thoughts are numbered ...

1. I plan on trying Entrellac.
Eunny's Entrellac socks are awesome, and I plan on starting them in the summer after I "master" the entrellac technique. Isn't Eunny amazing?!? These socks kick butt! I love the color choice, and how the boxes switch colors.

2. I was thinking that this blue tank would be awesome, if it were shorter. I could make it into a really cool exercising tank in cotton.
3. The "Dollar and a Half" Cardi looks interesting. You can't see what's going on with it, due to the crappy quality of the pic, but it's a good future knit, or something that I could use as a basis to create some other cabled cardi. Actually, if you click on the picture, you can see the cables and such, because it will be super-sized. :)


4. This light blue sweater looks nice, for the future. That's really all I have to say about it.
5. The "Rippled Skirt" looks airy, and great for the summer.



6. I started my Kiltie Skirt. Anyone else wanna join me?? If you go to my sidebar, you can click on the "Kiltie Skirt" KAL, and get the free pattern. Leave a comment, if you think you would like to knit along with me. :) The picture on the right is the yarn i'm using. Notice how the skeins are $1.59 at Walmart... all the cheap but soft glory for a poor college student, right?

No comments: