Monday, September 01, 2014

Mish-mash Monday

This is just a mish-mash post of several things that I should have posted in the past, but haven't yet. This first is the most recent finished objects: earrings.
These are teal chandelier earrings that were really simple to make. I basically bought the chandelier part pre-made on clearance at Hobby Lobby and attached a jumper and earring piece.
 The next pair of earrings, Native American looking arrow pieces, was just as simple.
This next photo was from my Forget Me Not Shawl and I had so many photos of the finished project that I didn't post anything else. This is a photogenic photo of the bobbles. Love it.
Next, I forget to post a really neat present that I made for Mother's Day: Edible Arrangements. They looked so close to the real company's that I fooled them into thinking that I bought them $150 arrangement!  Not kidding, it would have cost that much, and mine still would have had more fruit. I made three total arrangements, the third (not shown) was a smaller one for my grandma in a flower vase.
I had fun. It took a couple of hours, but it was worth it.
Next, what gardener wouldn't do an update on the garden?
Our tomato plants are growing so tall, that it is making it's way up the tree behind my garden. I can't even reach the new growth without a tall ladder. The cucumber plant also has found nearby branches and have clung to it to keep growing vertically.
And lastly, I planned on making two posts: a frogging effort and a post on my special wall for yarn.
For now, I'll leave you with this photo, a small bin of projects (and the blue one, "Frozen River Slouch" is finished) that bin used to hold about 45 projects!
Happy Labor Day! Now get knitting!
I've got a "Pumpkin Ale" update coming soon.The boys start preschool tomorrow! AH!

No comments: