Monday, January 27, 2014

FO: Quickie Yoga Bag

I sort have forgotten that I haven't shared this finished project. Whoops.
I have a thick yoga mat that I wanted to make a bag for because I use it every Jazzercise class. The little strappy thing that it came with is a little flimsy, but apparently, I made a yoga bag for an extra-extra thick mat, so I can't tell which is the lesser of the two evils.
 
Pattern: KUAS' Quickie Yoga Mat
Yarn: 2 skeins of LionBrand Cotton Ease, in Lime Green
Needles: Size US 8 and US17
I was going to make a nice strap for the bag, but I was so close to running out, even with two skeins, that I just made a simple chain string to close it up. Gee, I wonder why I ran out of yarn? The whole thing could actually be reduced by 25%.

See kids, this is what happens when you mess with fate and rely on memory for the overall circumference of the mat while perpetually sleep-deprived. Doesn't produce amazingly accurate results.

Oh well, maybe I'll use it for storing rolled up blankets while traveling. 

Cheers from Antarctica, er, Chicago. The boys and I have this cold right now, and they are at the age where they are really aware of their nose and throat bothering them. I think I'm going to put on a thick hat or ear warmers to block out the constant sub-zero weather and/or crying from the boys. Welcome to hotel miserable. :(  Bah Humbug. Hurry up Spring!

No comments: