Thursday, May 24, 2007

Andre Rieu in Concert

I just came back from Andre Rieu's concert in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. What a performance! His selection was mostly waltzes from Strauss, but then diverged into more hippity know-its from "O Mio Babbino Caro," "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again," "America the Beautiful," "Amazing Grace," etc. It was an amazing show! The symphony were actors as well, having funny cues in between playing. There was never a dull moment! At the very end, they let hundreds of balloons fall over us. If Andre Rieu ever tours nearby you, I highly recommend you attending! He even played a waltz that people got up and dance in the isles to! He also has dvds that you can buy (probably over the internet) that is recordings of his various performances all around the world!


Now relating to knitting....i've been knitting my blue & green striped socks while traveling and waiting for my meal at Applebees, and such. You know that routine. Update with a pic tomorrow. I'm way too tired. I went to six flags for several hours before the 8pm concert...

However, the sock looks great though!

1 comment:

Laural said...

Yay! That is sounds like you had a lot of fun! I sang Wishing you were somehow here again at ISSMA in high school and got gold sending me on but I was too sick to go :(

Can't wait to see how the sock is coming along!