Friday, November 02, 2018

WIP: Rainbow Socks

Happy Friday, Friends! How's it going? Knitting anything fun lately?
I'm still determined to play catch-up on the last 11 months since my post last New Years. Here's one of the few socks that I casted on this year. I decided to do these pairs one at a time via magic loop method.

Needles: 2.25mm and 2.5mm
CO: 72 sts
Started: June 20th, 2018 
Notes:
CO 72 sts onto 2.25mm/US1. Cuff to Toe method.
1x1 rib for 1.5’’ 5 colors, then dec round in larger needle: (K16, k2tog)-2x, so 68 sts left.
Knit leg until 7.5’’ from CO edge.
I used Arne & Carlos’ Short Row Heel pattern:
https://arnecarlos.com/how-to-knit-a-short-row-heel/

I worked on these socks a lot during park visits, driving to Michigan and little bit at Lake Michigan beach during a family reunion. I ended up setting these aside while I started my patriot socks when it was closer to July (post to come), but I have been slowly chipping away at the second sock here and there. I'm in no rush to finish these cheerful socks. I enjoy the process of them. I only wish the yarn was a bit softer.
The colors are so cheerful. You can't help but smile a little bit while knitting up this colorway. I specifically saved this skein for the summertime. The colorway is satisfying because the color repeats are only 3 rds deep, so the constant color changes is rewarding, and makes the sock feel like it's flying by faster.

This was my first short row heel using Arne & Carlos's method. Some parts of their video tutorial was not crystal clear for picking up and knitting stitches together, so my sock could use a little more finesse for the second sock.

No comments: