Wednesday, November 07, 2018

FO: Sunday Slippers

This was a super-quick project that was completed within 2 days. They are warm, cozy, and do not slip off your feet (well, at least with my modification). I adapted the pattern to have an I-Cord edging to not only help it keep it's shape (and stay on), but it looks really sharp!
Honestly, if you look at the original and this pair...you'll see why the I-cord edge stands out! Garter stitch needs a tidy edge if it's a garment.
Project: Sunday Slippers by Cleo Malone
Needles: US8 (5mm)
Yarn: Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller Full O' Sheep in the color "Passionfruit"
Notes: I was given the “60 Quick Knits For Beginner” book to review. I decided one of the best ways to review a book was to knit from it, and show it off!
Modifications: I-cord edge--on the side you need an I-cord edge, sl 3 sts and purl those same 3 sts on the following rd. 
I will most definately be knitting more of these in the future. The make great house slippers/socks and gifts when you are in a pinch!

No comments: