Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bell bottoms should stay in the 70's.

I spent the better part of today working the right shoulder and cuff. I was so proud to have finished the right side until I bound off and got a closer look at the cuff fit.

Bell bottoms. Yuck.

(This is going to be a little bit of a vent, and I apologize if this offends anyone. To each their own, right?)

Now, in the 90's, I have to admit that bell bottoms were a staple in my wardrobe, but after entering the 21st century and the world of straights and skinny jeans, I believe that nothing, nothing should flare out in places that are normally skinny. (Now there may be a few exceptions like skirts and such, but I mean ankles and forearms, people.)

Bell bottoms can just stay in the 70's where it belongs for all I'm concerned, and that is why I-with some tears in my eyes-frogged out a couple hours worth of work of my precious crafting time during my boys preschool and nap time so that I don't defile this wonderful sweater.

This is a decade of form-fitting clothing, so it's a re-do on needles two sizes smaller for this fella.

Meet ya back here between the last shoulder and garter border, or...err...carpel tunnel?

Did you know that I post on my Facebook group page "Knitting Up A Storm, the blog" updates on projects between posts, polls, random give-aways (if you are the first to see a give-away on that group page, comment below that post (on Facebook) and you WIN the pattern prize automatically for being so awesome for checking up on me!) and knitting parties? Since it's a group page, feel free to post your own knitting photos as well! I'd love it to be a communal thing!


No comments: