Friday, November 09, 2007

The glass is half full.

I won!!
The new colorway is called "Seven Nation Army"
The Lotus Knitter is awesome, and started a monthly yarn contest! Here's her question this month:
"You can see by my project details above that I don't always pay that much attention to gauge. How often do you knit a gauge swatch? Be honest now. Every time you plan a project? Do you wash and block too? Maybe you check your gauge on the fly. Cast on, knit for a while, then check and see how close you are, and rip out when you're way off. Or are you a 'fly by the seat of your pants' kind of knitter who never checks gauge. It will fit someone right?"
Check out her Etsy Shop! She has some gorgeous colorways going on! I'm always drooling over them!

This totally cheered me up, because I just received her "you won" email after being rejected by Red Cross for donating blood, since I get anxiety over needles, and my heart-rate wouldn't come down low enough to be safe. I felt like such a failure. I really wanted to donate...
This really made my day! :) Thanks again!

KNITTING UPDATE: pictures & more ramblings coming soon! I've been soo busy lately... finishing up my Senior's research paper and final presentation. The whole thing is my only grade in the class, and the professor is a little tough on grading papers, as I noted after he marked up comments everywhere on my rough draft I sent him to look at. All of the stress from everything is really starting to take it's toll. I mean, I've invested so much work into this dang paper, and I still don't feel completely satisfied with it. I already have another big Botany exam (on plant metabolism, DNA, etc.) coming up next week, plus having all of my Senior's stuff due on the same day. Breath in, breath out. Breath in, breath out. Two major breaks are coming up...*sigh*
...And I still need to buy some yarn to knit up these gifts. *sigh.* I need a car, a jet, a train....or something, to get to the LYS.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

congrats! I was rejected by the red cross too. However, I my heart rate was really fast because I was excited. I was a premed and well those thing interest me so I guess I get a little excited. They wouldn't let me give blood. Now I'm not allowed too because I keep going countries with malaria and stuff.

Good luck with your project and I can't wait to see some more FOs when you have time.

Lisa said...

Congrats!

LotusKnits said...

Congrats! I'm so glad you like it!

xoxo
Melanie

Laural said...

What lovely yarn! Congratulations!