Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The 1930's...Revisited



So, ok...the first sweater that I knit was a hit...
But, however, it's much too heavy and I have turned on my favorite color. However, this one should be much better. I plan to not do the 2x2 ribbing on the top, and just making it a plain an simple vintage sweater. This time, i'm working in the round-- a much more practical way to go about this whole thing. Why should I have to sew and keep messing with needle switching at the end of each round? Once I get to the BO's, I will then work on each side with two needles. The sweater really is bigger. It's just bunched up a lot around the wire. The ribbing on the bottom actually is a whopping 4 1/2'' instead of about 3''. I'm using the knit picks options circ's, so the sizing is a little bit bigger than normal needles, for some reason. It would almost be size 11 US fof the body and size 9 Us for the ribbing. I used Red Heart's "soft yarn," instead of Barnet's "softee chunky," so it's not stiff like the other. It will feel like a normal sweater. And, this was all done today. Yeah, I haven't been doing too much other than knitting. Lucky for me, today was a light reading day for... oh yeah "school." That's why im here....
Post a Comment
There was an error in this gadget