Monday, October 16, 2017

New Release! The Roundabout Shawlette!

Here's the third and final KUAS Designs release for October (can you hear me huff out of breath?):

the Roundabout Shawlette PDF

A shawlette is a smaller-scale shawl that resembles a scarf. This shawlette is quick and easy, with a clean I-cord edge and pretty lace border that is conveniently knit on one side of the shawlette. If you take care to block the lace edging out after you finish, the edging should resemble roundabout road paths.

Skill: intermediate

Materials: 
Yarn: Less than 375yds or 150g of sport weight wool yarn.  Note: Solid or tonal colorways will look best. For blocking purposes, use a blend with real fibers.
Pattern seen using Knitpicks’ Hawthorn Sport Multi Yarn in “Arbor Lodge” and “The Pearl.” Needles: US 6 (4 mm) straight or circular needles and a darning needle.
Notions: 2 st makers, 150+ Blocking pins, a blocking mat, 1-2 oz of no-rinse wool wash & a towel

Gauge and measurements:
Garter stitches: 20 sts= 4’’ 39 rows= 4’’
Prior to blocking: 53.5’’ long and 7.25’’ at widest point
After blocking: 78’’ long and 8’’ wide at the widest main body section; Roundabout lace edging width: 2.25’’ wide

This blue one marks my third time knitting this shawlette! Let's just say I did my fair share of test knitting it, along with other test knitters the past month or so!

Let's take a look into the past:
(the one that started them all, but had a crochet edging around the lace)
 I will be giving away these two beauts tomorrow to the person who I gave #1 to (she commissioned me to knit two more since she loved hers so much). So I photographed them as much as I could as they will later be out of my hands. I should think they look rather cozy next to eachother, no?
I find that the lace pattern is simple, yet mesmorizing in it's own way.
The sunlight can catch all of those beautiful eyelets surrounding the main garter roundabout section in just the right way.
Which color would you choose for this shawlette? 
I look forward to my next pattern writing endeavors (mittens? hat?). Until next time, happy knitting. Another podcast is coming your way soon.

No comments: