Monday, December 26, 2016

FO: French Press Slippers

Here's another Christmas gift that I knit very late in the game. This pattern has been on my queue for several years. I'm ashamed to admit that I was too cheap to purchase the $7 pattern, and I finally had to pinch myself a little bit and just pay for it, because these are beyond cute and make great gifts.

Pattern: French Press Slippers by Melynda Bernardi
Yarn: Paton's Classic Worsted Weight Wool
Needles: US 15
Size: 7/8
Started: 12/17/16
Completed: 12/18/16

If you knit these, make sure to label them similar to mine. They curl up and are hard to tell apart.

The knitting process is super quick. You can whip up both slippers in a day. It's the seaming and the felting process that is the most time-consuming. I haven't felted anything before in my high efficient top-loader machine, and I was having trouble getting it to agitate enough to felt, so I ended up doing them by hand. Yowzers.

You'll want to apply some paint (I used "puffy paint") if you don't sew suede to the bottom so that it can grip the floor. If you are already writing/drawing something, you might as well write some instructions?
I found the same large buttons as the pattern's at JoAnn Fabrics. This slipper benefits from a nice large button on the side.
I knit these for my MIL, who wears the same size shoes as me, and so it was easier to feel good passing them off since they fit me.

I have bought teal yarn and the same buttons for my own pair. I think I will make it in the beginning of the new year. For now, I have to make Joe's Antler Hat for his birthday January 5th.

No comments: