Wednesday, January 27, 2016

FO: Baby Puerperium

I'm a little behind on posts, since I have finished 3 objects since my last post (wow, that sounds a little like a Catholic confession, lol).

I modified the Puerperium Cardigan to fit size 3-6 months for my cousin's first born child that entered this world on New Years Day.

Pattern: Puerperium Cardigan by Kelly Brooker
Yarn: 1 skein of Cascade 220 Heathers
Needles: Size US 6
Start date: Jan 10th   Completed date: Jan 18th
Mods:  Extra increases, thicker yarn, doing buttons only after every 6th "garter ridge," long sleeves, and wider garter borders. 

Due to all of the modifications to make this cardigan a wee bit larger, I had to play a little game of yarn chicken at the end. Yeah, I'd like to say that I won the war.
I had twin boys (and I am scared to death of another set of twins--which would probably be boys), so I will knit and live vicariously through them, who had a beautiful baby girl. Such gorgeous yarn...I absolutely recommend Cascade 220 Heathers.

Thanks for checking up on me. Have a happy Wednesday.

No comments: