Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spring Fling (quick contest!)

Although I finished the hat a couple of days ago, I'm finally getting around to posting it. I finally found a simple, yet intersting enough pattern that suits this wonderful skein of malabrigo yarn...and I'm quite satisfied with it. I just wish I'm a better model for it. My battery was about dead when we started, so here are some quick pics.

This pattern is going up on etsy really soon, and I've been having trouble coming up with the perfect name for it. I was thinking of calling it "annabelle," because everyone should be able to name one pattern after themselves (I added the -belle because it seemed less corny), but now I'm not so sure. Then, I named it "Amélie"...you know, after the main character in the french movie. It seems ok.


So, now I leave it up to you guys to decide! Contest time!!!

WHEN: Sat, April 5th- Mon, April 7th (at 12pm 5pm!)
So hurry, hurry, hurry!!

WHAT: Come up with the perfect name for this pattern. It should relate more to the texture, not the color. It can be a name, an idea, a place, etc.
If you really liked any of my original names for it, let me know.

Whatever your name for it is, please explain why you feel so strongly about it. :)

PRIZE: the answer that I feel most strongly suits the pattern wins, and receives a free pattern of it as soon as it's up on etsy! (So please leave your email address.)

The whole pattern is a play on texture. Yum-O!

The best part about the pattern, despite the fact that the yarn is soo fluffy (like heaven), is that the band is adjustable, and you can wear your favorite pin as a button! Neat, huh?

Well, I'm off to get some icecream and read! My library just notified me that "Atonement" is on hold for me know! Whoot whoot!
Post a Comment