Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WIP: the manufacturing of purses


So, my wedding is now under two years. That means, I need to make some $$ green $$. I decided to "manufacture" clutches, purses and such to sell as a ... get this... "wedding fundraiser." However, I've got a lot of awesome ideas for really cute stuff. It's gotta be better than taking an extra job and, *yikes,* bagging for a grocery store. I can let my imagination run free. God knows I have a lot of ideas to get out of my head from those late sleepless nights. Does anyone have this same problem-- trying to fall asleep, but you can't because your creativity kicks in around that time?? I signed up for Etsy, just in case I decide to sell online, but I don't think i'll have to do that. My mom works with a lot of women, and they love the bags I come up with. *Cha-ching!*
Here's a WIP:








I'm thinking of doing red silk for the liner. It's still up for grabs. I was going to go for a white and red striped liner, but I'm really into the silkyness, since the top has silky ribbon.
The Bag isn't even sewed up yet, or blocked.

Ok, so as a side note, I'm thinking about doing something like this-

I was thinking about combining the lacey pattern from the "butterfly" from Rowan, and adding fingers. I was watching "Superman Returns," and the lady that is with Lex Luther in the beginning wears these light black lacey finerless gloves. I would add those fingerless elements and make the cuff flare out a little more than the picture.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Jessi said...

That's so cool that you're making stuff to raise money for your wedding. I'm currently thinking of doing that to pay the bills, because it's near impossible to get a job in these parts. And I've definitely had those nights when I can't sleep because I just want to knit so badly! Good to know I'm not alone :)

Ilix said...

Sweet plan, I am considering that route myself..... LOL and the bag is done, but not felted..... dam.